""

Sunday, March 8, 2020

Stash and stitchy update

Received a tiny bit of stash from one of my stash groups on facebook. I'd been wanting both these for a while now.


I just love them.

Wee house appearing in Christmastide!



With the complete lack of winter this year, I am really wanting to be done with this one. Hopefully in the next couple weeks, I will be. I need to move on to something spring or summery. Goodness knows, I have more than enough to choose from.

Stitching just makes me so happy. I enjoy so much the pulling of thread from back to front, seeing the design take shape and just meditating on my stitches while I go. I do the same with crochet. I'd like to do some embroidery this year too. And watercolor painting! My wonderful mom got me a sweet watercolor book for Christmas and I need to start trying some every day.

Recuperating the past week and a half (with a couple complications-nothing too serious), has given me the opportunity to think about my goals, and I'll be looking over them to see what's up in the que next for me to concentrate on.

We did have a glorious, fiery sunset the other night that I wanted to share. It took my breath away, even through the trees.


I hope everyone has a lovely stitchy week upcoming! Until next time,

8 comments:

  1. Yes stitching is good for the soul isn't it, I don't know how people just sit and watch TV without some stitching, knitting or crochet to do, lol
    Our Winter has just been a complete wash out, constant rain, usually I love Winter but I'm so looking forward to better weather, I think we have had our fair share of the wet stuff! Hope you are feeling much better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stash!
    Christmastide is looking good.
    Hope you are feeling better.
    Great sunset pic!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful sunset you shared! Glad to hear that you are recuperating from your surgery although I hope the complications are over with for you. Your stitched piece is looking good. Like you, my needle and thread time is a time to reflect and pray. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin! Feeling better and just wanting to do more stitching!

      Delete
  4. Nice stash!
    I like the way the Christmastide is growing, the little flying reindeer are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!