""

Monday, August 10, 2020

A New Start!

A wee change of plans. 

I started stitching BBD Beneath the Sunlit Sky, but stitching with two strands of floss was really throwing me off. Then I had trouble seeing the linen, and counting, etc. That was rectified when my wonderful mom got me the next level up of magnifiers (readers). I'm at a 3.5 now. Ugh. But I can't complain, because it helped a lot!

In between trying to do that and getting the new readers, I attempted to start BlackwoodandBriar's Know Thyself (a PDF download from etsy). I love how it looks on the black fabric, but WOW, there was no way I could do it. I just can't see. And I managed to snag a perfect piece of black Heatherfield for this,but nope. SOOOO, I had some fun and hand dyed a piece of linen, and viola!


I am super happy with the linen. Again, it has no pink in it. I don't know why my phone camera does that. 

This pattern calls for metallic floss for the eye. I bought some, but I don't know if I'll use it or not. I'll probably give it a try and see.

I took some really cool video of a lightning storm we had recently. I find it fascinating to be out in lightning. Not the safest maneuver, but in my defense, I was just on my own porch. Hope you enjoy. Please change the settings on the video to "HD" for best quality!

Isn't that just beautiful?

I hope everyone is doing well. I don't even know how to put my own state of mind into words anymore. I just keep stitching. Just keep hoping my kiddos are healthy and happy. Keep hoping my mom stays safe. 

I'll check back soon with an update on my current stitching and a couple pieces of stash I got recently. Until then,

6 comments:

  1. What a cool design, it will look great on that fabric.
    Love your video, I too like watching lightning.
    Have a great week.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy lightening storms too....from a distance. The one you videoed was awesome! So many flashes... the center of the clouds almost looks like a cat face? Dunno....maybe I need new glasses too? lol! Beautiful stitches! Always fun to play with fabric and floss to customize a design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the linen you dyed for your Know Thyself piece. Actually, I prefer your choice over the black fabric the designer used. Very cool video of the lightning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!