""

Sunday, August 2, 2020

Mrs. Maguire is DONE! A new BBD start!

Finally, a finish for Mrs. Maguire's Garden! I did alter just a couple small things. I used all the called for DMC, except for the skin. I used DMC 3864, because the called for floss just didn't show up on this fabric. I added her apron, and widened the brim of her hat by one stitch on either side to accommodate the addition of a bit of hair.




I enjoyed sticking with her for the long haul! I'd given up on this one at some point in the past, and had nearly finished it on different fabric. But I'd wanted to do it so bad, and I'm glad I did.

So, I eagerly ironed her out and gathered the supplies for my next project. I'm going to do Beneath the Sunlit Sky, by Blackbird Designs. The colors here are luscious. The fabric is 28 ct. cashel, by Picture This Plus in Fog. It's a pretty color. Very softly variegated with a hint of pale brown here and there.



I don't enjoy over-dyed flosses too much because I find they are thinner, and they have a tendency to "shred" while stitching. I've found Weeks Dye Works to be the worst culprit here. Most of these are Gentle Arts, with only one WDW color, so we'll see how it goes.

I hope the coming week is great for everyone out there. Until next time,

6 comments:

  1. Mrs. Maguire looks great!
    Love your additions.
    That's a beautiful BB design, it will be very pretty on that fabric.
    I don't care for Weeks because they knot up so much on me.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn! Yep, WDW is my floss nemesis!

      Delete
  2. Well done on getting Mrs. Maguire finished, Tammy! I like your changes. Looking forward to watching your progress on the BBD piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin! I'm excited for this one!

      Delete
  3. All of those minor "nips and tucks" makes Mrs. Maguire look like a new woman! ;-) Beautiful finish!
    Looking forward to seeing your progress on Sunlit Sky....those threads are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!