""

Saturday, August 29, 2020

Stitchy update, DIY projects, and birthday catch up!

Hello there! I am moving at a snail's pace it seems. Time just going to other things and work, but here is my tiny bit of an update on Know Thyself.




The flosses are quite pretty, but don't seem to be as vibrant as the model. However, I do love the delicate look it has and I will be excited to frame it in a gothic type black frame and hang it in my bedroom. I have black furniture in there and my husband just stained a wall of shelving black for me and made me a black stained jewelry organizer--it's gorgeous.


This past week, I made a little plaque for my bedroom as well. Um, HELLO. I will be doing more of this.


I loved every bit of doing this project! Took a page from a pretty planner I had, and voila! Whole thing was about 15-20 minutes of time spread over one day. I let the stain dry overnight and mod podged it all to seal and give a nice glossy glow. LOVE!
 
Also worked on a bit of a crochet thingy. I am not sure I enjoyed making this puffagon crochet square, even though it is totally adorable.
 


 Working the puff stitches into that tiny little ring just drove me crazy. I was thinking about making a dresser scarf (remember those?) by joining a bunch of them, but I don't know if I'd make it till the end of the project. Hmmm, I'll have to think about it some more. 

I had a birthday since I last posted. I had a nice lunch with my kiddos at Longhorn-one of our favorite places. It was perfect. I received an entire Tiramisu cake from them! They got me the sweetest and most thoughtful gifts, including a bag of orange, cream filled Twizzlers (heavenly), a porcelain hand jewelry dish, and a jointed figurine of Sam, from the movie Trick 'R Treat. I think he's gonna stay out all year long.

And yes, his hood comes off to reveal the horror underneath. If you haven't seen this movie and you love all things Halloween, please please watch it!

I was also treated to Hocus Pocus themed birthday gifts by my hubby, and my mom got me goodies from my Amazon wish list-as did my nephews. I am so fortunate to have these people in my life. And not just for the presents!

Well, it's been a long post, and if you've stuck this far, thank you for being here. I hope you and yours stay well and safe, and I'll see you soon on the way to a finish for Know Thyself, hopefully! Until next time,

7 comments:

  1. A belated Happy Birthday, sounds like you had a good day.
    Well done working the crochet puff stitch, I've tried a few times and failed miserably, It looks really nice worked up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maggie! They can be a bit tricky. Keep trying!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday!!!
    Great progress on Know Thyself.
    That's a great jewelry organizer, & love that plaque, so creative.
    Gotta love Sam!
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! You have a great week too!

      Delete
  3. Know Thyself is looking fabulous, Tammy! Wishing you belated birthday wishes; it sounded like you had a lovely day. Your crochet puff looks darling. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin! You have a great week too!

      Delete
  4. Hmmmm... that little figure of Sam has me wanting to see the movie! :-) Sounds like a perfect Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!