""

Monday, August 17, 2020

Know Thyself Update and Stash

This has been a fun project so far. It's not my usual type of project, but it's so pretty and interesting.


It is stitching up pretty quick. Work was a bit busier this week so not much stitching time, but I did get some in.

On Saturday, I drove up to In Stitches and dropped off my Notforgotten Farm's The Giving Sisters for framing. It might take up to 8 weeks, but I'm excited to get it back. I need to get to the point of being able to pin or lace linen. I'm pretty comfortable doing aida, but not linen. I've never been disappointed with their framing though. 
 
Traffic on I95 south was horrific, so I decided to take Rt.1 and gee, wouldn't ya know, it took me right to Carlos O'Kelly's!
 
 
The only thing missing was my mom sitting across from me. When I go pick up my framing, I'll make her go!

A bit of recently acquired stash now. I'm sure I won't live long enough to stitch all the stuff I have, but I'm going to try. I really am.





I have always loved Mosey 'n Me. The passing of Frank Bialec, Judy's husband, has made me even more nostalgic for their work. A good many, if not all, their Santa's look just like Frank. What a good soul he was. So talented in many ways, and putting positive things out there into the universe. He will be missed.

Hopefully everyone is doing well. I've been feeling pretty low these days. Wish I could spring up out of this mental slump. I don't like it. So I'm just going to keep stitching away. It helps so much!

One day this past week, I saw this out my front door. I'll take it for what it's worth!


Enjoy your week! Chin up and we can make it through. Until next time,

6 comments:

  1. Nice stitching and love the new stash :-)
    Framing is expensive isn't it, but the result when you get it back is worth it. Sorry you've been feeling down, I felt much the same the last couple of weeks, it comes and goes so hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie--yes, it is so worth it! Thanks for replying!

      Delete
  2. Good start& great stash!
    I think all of us feel that way some days lately.
    Sometimes I can't concentrate for too long.
    What a cool pic.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Marilyn. Thank you and you have a great one too!

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous photo you shared at the end of your post of the blue sky, the puffy clouds and the rainbow! You have made good progress on your stitch; it is looking good on the fabric you dyed. I look forward to seeing your framed piece once you get it back. Enjoy your week, Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin! That pic was a total fluke! We hadn't even had any rain. I just looked out the window and there it was! I'll definitely post the framed pic when I get it back!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!