""

Monday, April 10, 2023

Chocolate Mousse Pie and Cedar Hill Summer Bouquet!

Well how was everyone's Easter? We had family over, and had a great time. I made a couple new recipes and they seemed to go over very well! One of them was a chocolate mousse pie from HERE. It earned rave reviews and I wish I had taken a pic like she had on her blog, but here is the full pie before I put it in the fridge for a day.

It was so so easy and fun to make! Hard to tell here, but if you use an 8 inch pie crust or pan (if you make your own crust), this thing is really an impressive height and gorgeous on a place with whipped cream.

Got a bit more progress on my Summer Bouquet last week. It was kind of a slow work week, so I was able to sneak in some stitches after work. 


She's shaping up nicely! This one has also inspired me to do more of those "old" or vintage designs that I've held on to for years in favor of newer, shinier, ones. Don't get me wrong-I LOVE seeing and buying new designs! But I stitch so slow, I think I need to go back and pick out some of my favorites from over the many years I've been stitching and get to work!

How do you feel about older and vintage designs? I have so many that I really love and tons of old magazines too that have great designs in them that I have forgotten about over the years. 

I hope your Easter was fabulous and everyone is enjoying lots of stitching and crafting time! See you soon with hopefully a lot more progress on my Summer Bouquet!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, that pie looks so yummy!
    Summer Bouquet is showing some nice color.
    I too, have been pulling older designs out & stitching them.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was yummy by all accounts Marilyn! You should give it a try! Yes, there is something about the older ones that are so loved.

      Delete
  2. We had a quiet Easter here and didn't leave the homestead at all. The pie you made looks delicious. Summer Bouquet is looking good, Tammy. What red is that? You are not the first person who has mentioned returning to the old/vintage charts in their collections. I do like a number of the older designs that were purchased years ago. Some are even getting stitched between other projects (mainly gift stitching). I also seem to be returning to using good old DMC over the called for overdyed threads. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Robin! I'm old enough to remember when the overdyed flosses were just a novelty and brand new! Wow, I've been stitching a long time, lol. Good old DMC-can't go wrong with it. I'm intrigued by the Sulky floss though where one strand = 2 strands of DMC. The red for the flower is DMC 355. It looks reddish brown, but pops as red within all that green!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the floss information! I have used Sulky. My only advice is to go with a shorter strand when stitching.

      Delete
    3. You're welcome! Ah, OK! It must tangle easily.

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!