""

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Summer Bouquet Update and Unofficial Summer!

This was a beautiful week in VA! Temps have been awesome, no rain to mess up the days, lots of eating outside and listening to music. I should have worked this weekend, but couldn't bring myself to do it.

On to the stitching update! I had initially cross stitched the areas on the red flower that were supposed to be filled with french knots. I looked at it and mulled it over for about 20 minutes and decided I really wanted to do those french knots. So I brushed up on them in a little corner of the fabric and then went to town! There are 4 smyrna stitches right in the middle. The black-eyed susans also are filled with french knots. So pretty!

Been enjoying this one so much! I have a bunch of Cedar Hill charts and am always on the lookout for a few of the seasonal "bouquets" that I don't have. Just so pretty.

I know it's still early Spring, but my mind is in Summer.

We've had some hummingbirds already, bought petunias and ferns, and started the digging for a perennial garden! I can't wait to fill it with coneflowers, black eyed susans, daisies, and other beautiful things. We also put in the moonflowers and got some trellises for out front. We had tons of bees in them when we had them out back, so we'll change it up this year.

I really hope everyone has a fantastic upcoming week! I plan to stitch some more and see how far I can get this week. Be back then for more updates!

4 comments:

  1. Summer Bouquet is turning out so pretty.
    I put out the Hummie feeder, but haven't seen any yet.
    Yes, last week was beautiful, I worked outside a lot cleaning up.
    Was hoping for another nice week, but it turned cold again, & we had an inch of snow last night. :(
    Mother Nature needs some meds!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn! Temps changed here too--in the 80's and today the high will be 67! Yep, meds would be good, lol.

      Delete
  2. Summer Bouquet is looking fantastic, Tammy. Our hummers have started to return. We did have some beautiful weather days although mid to upper 80s is way too warm for this time of year in my book. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin! So fun keeping up with the hummingbirds! You have a great week too!!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!