""

Sunday, April 23, 2023

Summer Bouquet - Purple makes an appearance!

What another beautiful week it has been! And the appearance of purple in this sampler just made me so happy. The color is gorgeous. It's DMC 791 and it's an ultraviolet purple. So so gorgeous and nice to work with too! 


It's been a wonderful weekend too. We had some downpours yesterday but nothing like the apocalypse they had been predicting. The perennial garden is taking some shape with a few plants put in and the moonflowers are beginning to come out of the ground from seeds we planted a couple weeks ago. Ah, Spring!

My kids and I saw John Wick 4 this weekend. I absolutely love Keanu Reeves and these movies. I know, super violent, but I can't help it. Just love them. LOL. 

The sweetie Grand Dog, Franklin, had his ONE YEAR birthday last week!!!! He's a ball of energy and just super happy and sweet. He got lots of toys and love on his birthday--all in all, not too different from any other day, but he had a banner and some things that made it special. We had fun watching him open his presents.

And my little girl, Jenny, has been good. Her birthday is in a couple months and we will have a nice one for her! She loves to sleep in, as evidenced here on Saturday morning.

This baby has such a routine. She knows in her bones what time breakfast and dinner is and she sticks to it, regardless of what the daylight savings time says. She also knows what time bed time is (8pm at the VERY latest), and she will do laps around the house and then look up at the staircase leading to the bedroom to let me know that "hey mom, have you lost your mind? It's time for BED!"

Well, that's it for me now, but I hope you all have a lovely upcoming week! Temps back down in the 60's with some rainy days this week, but the plants need it, so it's all good. Take care of one another and get some stitchy or crafty time in if you can!

See you soon with more Summer Bouquet!

4 comments:

  1. Summer Bouquet is really looking pretty with each pop of a new color.
    Happy Birthday Franklin! He is too cute!
    Jenny looks so sweet sleeping.
    We still have cold temps here in WI, & even flurries sometimes. :(
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! Oh, we have family in WI and been hearing about the cold! I hope it starts warming up for you soon!

      Delete
  2. Summer Bouquet is looking fabulous, Tammy. Love the new color addition! Your granddog is a cutie as is Jenny. I agree with you about their routines. While Max can't read a clock, he knows when it is 4:00 and will start pacing to let you know it is dinner time. We were about 20 minutes late one day last week and you would have thought he hadn't been fed in days by the way he was acting. Have a wonderful Monday and week! Enjoy the cooler days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin! I don't think I've ever done a design with so many bold colors and I'm loving it. Especially that purple! Yes, they can make us feel so guilty for being a few minutes late with the dinner. LOL! You have a great week too!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!